At Waggies it is our intention to offer a stress-free grooming experience for you and your dog. To do this, we would ask that you kindly read the following:
Your pet’s safety and comfort are our priority
– Please ensure that your dog has been given the opportunity to be relieved and walked prior to the grooming or spa treatment as this will ensure that they are not stressed or agitated and get the maximum enjoyment from their grooming experience.
– We will not perform any grooming procedure that causes pain or a level of stress that we think is excessive. In some situations, this can include nail trimming.
– For some senior dogs the grooming experience can be a stressful event for them. At Waggies we will try and make the experience as comfortable and stress free as possible. Only grooming work that your dog will tolerate will be carried out as we will not groom any dog if it causes them any undue stress.
All work you, as the owner have requested will be attempted, however if your dog does become unduly stressed we will groom your dog to ensure his cleanliness and comfort only.
– You as the dog owner, will advise us of any medical, physical, emotional issues, allergies, sensitivities, or pre-existing conditions and any treatment they are receiving prior to grooming taking place. Such conditions may include, but are not restricted to, prior surgeries, hip or joint issues, warts, moles, ear infections or skin problems.
-In the event that Waggies discovers any conditions or problems we will notify you when you collect your dog, or in urgent cases we will contact you when we discover same. Waggies can not be held responsible for any conditions or problems discovered during grooming or associated treatments.
– It is your responsibility as a dog owner to make sure that you dog is free from any parasites before entering the salon. If, however your dog is carrying fleas or other parasites then an appropriate tick or flea prevention should be in use and have been applied.
Should we when grooming find that your dog is carrying fleas, you as the owner agree to pay any associated costs, such as extra time for bathing, extra time in removing fleas and the cost of using a flea shampoo.
– Please keep in mind that a matted coat can cause numerous health conditions including itching, irritation, and skin infections. Removing a heavily matted coat includes risks of nicks, cuts or abrasions due to warts, moles and skin folds that have become trapped and hidden in your dog’s mats. Heavy matting can also trap moisture on the dog’s skin, which if untreated can cause fungus or bacteria to grow causing skin irritations. Waggies will not be held responsible for any pre-existing conditions due to a matted coat, however in the event that we notice any un unusual condition we will of inform you or the owner.
-If your pet is heavily matted, there is only so much we can do, your pet needing to be brushed for more than an hour is not fair to your dog and may cause him or her undue stress and or illness. The coat will therefore likely need to be cut short, which will enable waggies to start over with undamaged hair at the next agreed grooming appointment. If we feel that we can de-matt some or all of your dogs coat then an additional sum of £10.00 per 15 minutes will be incurred, in addition to the service all provided. We will only attempt to de-matt your dog if they are NOT showing signs of stress or anxiety.
In the event that Waggies are unable to complete a full groom or any treatment that has been pre-booked due to excessive matting or the dog not being available at the allocated appointment time, then Waggies reserves the right to stop the groom or treatment if started and request that an additional appointment is made for such work to be completed. All additional work will be at the expense of the owner.
– Waggies does not offer any anal gland emptying as this procedure is recommended to be carried out by a veterinary surgeon. (This is confirmed in law by the veterinary surgeons act 1966)
Refusal of service and aggressive dogs
– Waggies staff have the right to work in a safe environment and therefore Waggies reserves the right to refuse any groom or treatment, at any time. If any member of it staff feels they are unable to carry out or continue a groom or treatment then same will stop immediately, and you as the owner will be responsible for payment of the work carried out up until this point.
-If your dog is showing signs of aggression and or biting but the groomer feels they can continue, then an appropriate muzzle may be used during any groom or treatment.
-If your dog has behaviour problems, please let waggies know when the appointment is made. Please also ensure that the member of staff to whom you give the dog is informed as to whether your dog has ever bitten another human or dog or has shown any signs of aggression in the past.
– Additional charges may apply for extra time required due to a dog’s temperament and or behaviour during a groom or treatment.
-You, as the owner agree to be held solely liable for any harm, injury or damaged caused by your dog and any costs thereafter incurred.
Due to the high demand for appointments any appointment offered will be held open to that particular Client for 24 hours. If the appointment is not accepted within this period same will be offered to another Client.
– If We arrive at your home and your dog cannot be groomed or receive pre- organised treatment the full price of the groom or treatment fee will apply, and a sum no less than £30.00 will be due plus the cost of fuel. A deposit may also then be required for any further grooming or treatments that you make in the future.
– Waggies will arrive as close to the scheduled appointment arrival time as possible, however, sometimes situations can occur that will disrupt our schedule. This can include, but is not restricted to, traffic, weather, spending more time with an older or younger dog or a difficult dog. At Waggies we pride ourselves in your dog’s welfare and therefore safety will never be compromised by rushing to meet our next appointment. Waggies will contact you and advise of a new arrival time if an appointment has to be changed.
Waggies shall require 24 hours’ notice to change or cancel an appointment.
– Failure to offer at least 24 hours in advance may result in a charge equivalent to the price of the full groom and must be paid prior to your next grooming appointment. Giving advance notice gives us the opportunity to fill your grooming slot and rearrange our schedule.
– If we show up for the appointment and there is no one at home and or the dog is unavailable the price of the groom or treatment shall still be due.
– We accept bacs transfer or card payment
– Payment is due at completion of groom.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for reading our terms and conditions policy and trust you understand the need for same. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact waggies prior to your scheduled appointment.
Waggies Mobile Dog Grooming